Posted On
Coping & Self-Management SkillsCritical Thinking and Decision MakingLeadership & Life SkillsLife Skills

Building emotional intelligence in your child

Posted By admin

The advantages of developing age-appropriate emotional intelligence include problem-solving skills, openness to accepting help, empathy towards others (meaning that they are less likely to be bullies or to be bullied) and a confident, curious child. Impulse control translates into model behavior at school. Children who are emotionally literate have better relationships with their peers and […]

read more
Posted On
Coping & Self-Management SkillsGrowth MindsetLeadership & Life SkillsLife Skills

Six words to change your child’s performance.

Posted By admin

If you are lucky to have your child in a well-balanced education situation, the strengths of and challenges of all the students are divided and respected equally. For example, the best soccer players aren’t always playing the newer ones, the children who play chess at home are not always lumped together to compete. Unfortunately, we […]

read more
Posted On
Life Skills

What is the “Summer Slide”?

Posted By admin

The “Summer Slide” refers to the Summer Break loss of academic achievement from the previous school year. As standardized school testing increasingly spits out data, educators and parents are trying to head off the damage. Children retain 70% of what is taught in school, leaving 30% of the knowledge in the gap. The NWEA (Northwest […]

read more
Posted On
Life Skills

How does art class benefit your child’s academics?

Posted By admin

Does art relate to your child’s school performance? Surprisingly, an artistic ability can be inherent or can be learned just like any other school subject. A child’s perception through the eyes take in lights, shadows and measure depth perception every second of the day. This frame of view is automatic. Children and adults, naturally possess […]

read more
Posted On
Coping & Self-Management SkillsCritical Thinking and Decision MakingLife Skills

Has Positive Reinforcement Gone Awry?

Posted By admin

Think about the words: delayed gratification. It’s a foreign concept in our Amazon-centric world that delivers groceries in an hour or busy parents too busy that have fast food, (not even restaurant carry-out), delivered to their doorstep. Completing piano lessons at the end of the school year now merits participation medals, regardless of how much […]

read more
Posted On
Life Skills

The Difference Between a Fixed & Growth Mindset

Posted By admin

There are two opposing types of mindsets, psychologist Caroll Dweck argues, a fixed and growth. A child with a fixed mindset sees their skills and weaknesses as inherent, something they were born with. It’s a “you have it or you don’t” thought process. Often, they spend the majority of their lives seeing an area (that […]

read more
Posted On
Life Skills

4 Life Skills Your Child Needs

Posted By admin

You can promote leadership and life skills in young people through academic reinforcement, organized sports, and extracurricular activities. Combine this mission while cultivating the following four skills will ensure your child will be on their way to success. Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal skills provide the life foundation for a child’s confidence and how they […]

read more